There are a few things we’d like for you to do before your visit:
- Please do not have any food for 12 hours before your appointment. For example, if your appointment is at 8am, you would not have any food after 8pm the night before.
- Please do not drink caffeinated beverages, as coffee, tea or cola, or alcohol for 8 hours before the visit. We do want you to stay hydrated though, so be sure to drink plenty of water the night before and on the morning of your appointment.
- Please avoid strenuous exercise for 8 hours before the visit.
- Please bring a list of your medications with you as we will ask you what you are currently taking.
- Please do not take aspirin for 1 week before the study.
- Wear comfortable clothing to your visit. Please wear a shirt with sleeves that can be easily rolled up and shoes and socks that can be easily removed.
- Finally, you will have some blood drawn. Remember to drink water the night before and morning of your appointment to make the blood draw easier.
At your visit: The day of your visit you’re going to have several tests done and you’ll complete a questionnaire with the study staff. When you arrive, you will complete a urine pregnancy test to confirm you are not pregnant at the time of the study visit. The study staff will take your height and weight. The staff will measure your waist to calculate your body mass index (BMI). You will then complete a glycocalyx screening and EndoPAT analysis. Please click here for directions and parking information.